Thermo King SLR-65
Call for Price
An ultra-low profile rooftop HVAC System featuring ComforTEK for shuttle and school bus applications. A dramatic shift from designs of the past, bringing innovative design concepts that improve airflow with Thermo King’s ComforTEK to increase comfort and efficiency. Choose SLR for all small and medium bus applications from 16’ to 35’.
- Improved Passenger Comfort: With its ultra-slim integrated design, the SLR gives passengers more headroom than conventional systems. Plus, its two-way airflow means comfortable air for all passengers, with no hot or cold spots.
- More Even Weight Distribution: Because the SLR is located at the center of the bus, its weight is evenly distributed across the bus chassis for optimized weight distribution.
- Easy Maintenance: The patent-pending through-roof design of the SLR allows for easy service access, with 90% of all maintenance able to be performed from inside the bus.
- Lightweight, Durable and Rustproof: The SLR features a rustproof structural foam ABS cover, which weights less than fiberglass and is more durable.
- Simple Control System: On/off switch and a three-speed fan switch.
- Environmentally Safe R-134a: Zero ozone depletion
- TM 21 Compressor: High capacity for a wide range of applications
- Oversized Return Air Filter: Added protection for longer system life
- Micro-Channel Condenser Technology: Low weight and higher efficiency
- TK2000 EZ-Clip Hoses and Fittings: Reduce potential for leaks
- IntelligAIRE® Microprocessor Controller: Precise temperature control with diagnostics, CAN communications and optional driver’s display.
- TM 16 and TM 31 Compressors: Added Flexibility to configure systems for specific applications
- Heat/Cool: Supplemental heat for cold weather applications and dehumidification for cool humid climates
- System Cooling Capacity (IMACA Rated Capacities) (w/TM-21 Compressor): 66,000 BTU/hr
- System Heating Capacity (Rated Capacities - 195 °F 50/50 glycol, 3.0 GPM, 60°F inlet air): 42,000 BTU/hr
- Evaporator Airflow (0 in. water column external static pressure) (High Speed): 940 CFM
- Refrigerant: HFC R-134a
- Power Consumption @ 13.5 VDC: 65 Amps
- Weight: 124 lbs (130 lbs with heat)
- Compressor Weight With Clutch (approximate): TM 16: 18 lbs (8.2 kg); TM 21: 19 lbs (8.6 kg); TM 31: 36 lbs (16.3 kg)
- Warranty Summary: Terms of the Thermo King Warranty are available on request from your local Thermo King dealer. Please reference document TK50049 for the Thermo King Bus Unit Warranty.
- Cooling Capacity
- 66,000 BTU/hr
- Heating Capacity
- 42,000 BTU/hr
- Airflow Volume
- 940 CFM
- 124 lb. (130 lb. with heat)
- 81.94 x 47 x 6.03 in.